Easy Pirate Cork Boat Crafts
Creating boats out of wine cork bottles is a very innovative idea, and it is simple to make. You can check out DIY pirate cork boats for kids here. To begin learning how to make cork boat craft for kids, you must have a few things that you will find easily in your home.
How to make a cork boat?
The things you will require are:
● Craft foam
● Mini bamboo skewers
● Washi tape
● Rubber bands
● Wine bottle corks
Washi tapes are double-sided tapes, and you can take mini bamboo skewers from any broom made of bamboo.
So, let’s get into DIY pirate cork boats for kids now. You can buy all the above products on our website at DIY boats that float craft materials.
● The first step to make a cork boat is drawing. Draw a boat on your foam sheet with a pencil. With the help of bamboo skewers, you can see how big or small your boat is.
● Next, after drawing the sail, cut out the shape with scissors.
● Twitch the skewer from the top to the bottom of the sail. So, the edgy end comes out of the bottom.
● Wrap a strip of double-sided tape at the top of the bamboo skewer and trim it in the shape of a triangle to create your sailboat’s flag.
● Next, you have to create the boat’s base, which you can do by layering it with three corks stuck next to each other. Secure it with rubber bands.
● Twitch the pointy end of the skewer into the middle cork and then attach the mast.
● To make a sail for the pirate boats, you can cut out a black fabric in the shape of a pirate mast and stitch it by the ends. After doing that, you can paint the authentic pirate logo on it that is a skull and bones.
How to make a floating pirate ship?
In this, we will learn how to make a floating pirate boat craft for kids materials.
A pirate ship can be as big as a shoebox or smaller than a matchbox. It depends on you for what size you want to make for your school project.
To make a pirate ship as big as a shoebox, you will need the following things:
● Cardboard or shoebox
● masking tape
● newspaper & paper mache paste
● Unused fabric
● two sticks
● Cut the cardboard in the shape of a pirate ship. You can take various references online for DIY pirate cork boats for kids. You have to cut it into five parts, bottom, two sides, the back, and deck. You can roughly measure the dimensions of your boat. It is easier if you cut the side panels together and then the back and attach it. After that is done, you can cut the bottom part and deck to fit your base mainframe.
● Make three portholes on the sides of your DIY pirate cork boats for kids. You can use some nail scissors as they are round and give it a nice curve. Attach your sides and back together.
● So, now as you have trimmed your bottom and deck, attach all of them. The deck is still lean, so you can make it stiffer with the help of paper mache.
● Cut out all the 12 cardboard discs and make holes in them. Glue the discs together and place them on the boat. Add masking tape – a lot of it to secure it.
● Now, for the paper mache, cut your unused papers into small strips and add mache layers over the boat’s joints. Attach and secure everything with tape and make your deck stronger. You can add a few layers of paper to make it stronger.
● You can now give it to children to paint and let their imagination run wild.
To give a final touch to your DIY pirate cork boats for kids, you can apply some varnish to it after the children are done painting it, and the paint is dried. To make a sail for the pirate boats, you can cut out a black fabric in the shape of a pirate mast and stitch it by the ends. After doing that, you can paint the authentic pirate logo on it, which is a skull and bones.
So, here are some fantastic ideas to build your DIY pirate cork boat craft for kids. It is easy to make. You can use a lot of substitutes if you don’t have to exact items for the craft. You can also visit our website to find the material for the boat craft for kids to have fun with!